In a 2 of if this 5 video series entitled, “PulledTogether”, I teamed up with some of the best industry professionals to show you how to you can “PullTogether” a special valentines day for your honey.
Whats up next? How to set the mood with a beautiful table!
Featured on: Munaluchi Bride follow them on instagram – @munaluchibride
Cinematography: MaeBFilms follow her on instagram – @maebfilms
Florals: Phileanor follow her on instagram – @phileanor
Table Design: pop! by Yaz follow them on instagram – @yazatpop
Culinary: PulledTogether follow them on instagram – @pulledtogether
Calligraphy: Jenny follow her on instagram – @jennyh1981
Makeup + Hair Artist: Sabrina Gilbert follow her on instagram @sabrinagilbert_nyc
Models: Shequeita Orr + Rashad Frazier
I founded pop! by Yaz to fully unleash my creativity and passion, and to share the breadth of knowledge and depth of experience that I’ve gained over the last 17 years working in the marketing and events industry, with some of the most luxurious and sought after brands such as The Macallan, Moet, Louis XIII, Benjamin Moore, Verizon, Patron and Vogue just to name a few. I translate my experience with brands into fully immersive and unforgettable experiences for brides.
In producing an intimate event of this nature, I wanted to ensure the tabletop reflected the couple’s personality. Rashad has a cool, classic approachability; while Shaquita’s femininity and softness purred the moment I met her. I wanted to blend both personalities into a look that was soft, romantic, but still very clean.
While Valentine’s signature color red is beautiful and striking, it’s also expected. I wanted to be spontaneous and romantically adventurous utilizing colors which already existed in their home with pops of unexpected hues. I first started off with the colors of the flowers, which were stunning. The soft lilacs felt feminine, while the orange hues provided the fresh take on the centerpiece. Their basil green love seat was a perfect addition to the table lending warmth and closeness for the couple. I am all for sitting next to your beau. I then layered on this lavender soft sateen table cloth, which provided a soft and pretty canvas for the tableware. I used his existing modern, white dinner plate and accented with an antique sterling silver charger and an antique silver rimmed china bowl. I brought back in the modern by using streamlined stainless steel flatware and classic glassware. Burlap wrapped votives and a chrome urn with candles and vines were the perfect finishing touch.
- Lay the tablecloth on the table, ensuring it’s straight and even on all sides
- Place your charger plate and center it about half an inch from the edge of the table, ensuring you have enough space to place your silverware and glassware
- Top with the dinner plate and then the salad plate/bowl
- Place the dessert spoon above the plate facing left.
- Place the salad fork and the dinner fork on the left side of the plate
- Place the knife and spoon on the right side of the plate
- The drinking glass and wine glasses to be placed to your right, just above the knife.
- Decorate the table with additional decor such as candles and wah-lah! Your table is set.
Tune in for Part 3!